What We Believe
how to connect with god
God’s Plan: Abundant Life. Jesus says, "I have come that you might have life and have it more abundantly." (John 10:10) Not only in heaven, but here in this world also.
Our Problem: Sin. "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23) This sin separates us from God.
God’s Remedy: The Cross. "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8.) Jesus paid our penalty on the cross.
Our Response: Receive Christ. "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name." (John 1:12)
To Experience New Life, we must look to God, admit that we have sinned, and turn back to Him. We must believe that Jesus died on the cross and rose from the grave for each of us. Finally, we must invite Jesus to come into our heart and give Him control of our life.
statement of faith
The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is the record of God’s revelation of Himself to man. It is a perfect treasure of divine instruction. It has God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth, without any mixture of error, for its matter. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, which is the final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, shall be the sole and final source of all that we believe. We, therefore, acknowledge the Bible as our authority in matters of faith and practice.
We are held to the following:
- We believe the Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God, without any error, the all-sufficient authority in matters of faith, doctrine, and Christian living.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ, and that He is true God and man. He died on the cross for our sins. He rose bodily from the dead, ascended at the right hand of the Father, and is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost. Only through regeneration by the work of the Holy Sprint can new life be obtained.
- We believe that eternal salvation is the free gift of God, entirely apart from man's works, and is possessed by any and all who have faith and receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
- We believe in a regenerated church membership: that is, persons old enough to understand their need for Jesus Christ and, of their own free will, accepted Him as their personal Lord and Savior.
- We believe that baptism is by immersion and the Lord’s Supper is a memorial to His suffering and death on the cross. These are ordinances to be observed by the church in its present age. These are, however, not to be regarded as means for man’s salvation.
- We believe in the personal, bodily, imminent, and glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ and that His Second Coming inspires believers for dynamic and zealous life and service for Him while waiting for His return.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, the everlasting blessedness of the saved in heaven, and the everlasting punishment and separation from God of the unsaved in hell.
- We believe in the autonomy of the local church. The Church shall manage its own affairs and shall not be subject to any other religious body or organization.
- We believe marriage is a biblical institution established by God as clearly described in the scriptures. The Bible defines marriage as the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union and a covenant commitment for a lifetime. The Church recognizes only the biblical definition of marriage. We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to only occur between a man and a woman who are married to each other.
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ.
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of the Church.
Anyone seeking Church membership shall publicly demonstrate a desire to join the Church by conducting one of the following actions:
- Profession of Faith: an individual (child or adult) who has accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, believing the commands and promises of scripture, following the Lord in baptism by immersion, and accepting the principles of faith and practices of the Church.
- Promise of Letter: an individual who has been a member of another church of like faith and belief, as determined by the Pastor or his designee and can testify of their profession of faith.
- Baptism: an individual who has accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and either never followed Him in believer’s baptism or was never baptized by immersion.
- Statement: an individual coming from another church that does not practice transfer of church letter, as determined by the Pastor or his designee and can testify of their profession of faith and baptism by immersion.
why be a member of a local church?
Acts 2:41 speaks of those who were added to their number. Definite affiliation gives a sense of belonging, loyalty and commitment. It helps the church to know who we can count on for service and leadership. It helps solidify your commitment and will help your family grow spiritually.