Life is filled with many decisions, but the most important decision that any person can make is to trust Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. After becoming a Christian, the next important decision is the choosing of a church home where you can grow in the Lord. I happen to believe that Cypress Baptist Church is a very fine choice. In the pages that follow you will see some of the most wonderful people in the world and we are called together here at this local church. The church is not buildings but people and as you look through this web site you will see the people that God has changed and put together in this fellowship.
Whether young or old, single or married, with children or without children, everyone needs a church family. Cypress Baptist Church works hard to be the very place that you need us to be. We are committed to first loving God and then to loving others. It is our desire to help people come to know Christ and to grow in Christ. It is also our passion to love people as Christ would have us love them. The people of this church are not perfect but follow a perfect God. The people of this church do not have all the answers but we serve a God who does. Please come and join us in our journey to know God and to make Him known.
God is so good and one of the many blessings in my life is the wonderful people I get to work with day in and day out. I believe God has provided one of the finest church staffs here at Cypress. Please pray for us as we seek to serve you and challenge you. God bless you and God bless Cypress Baptist Church. “Loving God…Loving People”!
John Fream, Pastor
What We Believe
How to Connect with God
God’s Plan: Abundant Life. Jesus says, "I have come that you might have life and have it more abundantly." (John 10:10) Not only in heaven, but here in this world also.
Our Problem: Sin. "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23) This sin separates us from God.
God’s Remedy: The Cross. "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8.) Jesus paid our penalty on the cross.
Our Response: Receive Christ. "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name." (John 1:12)
To Experience New Life, we must look to God, admit that we have sinned, and turn back to Him. We must believe that Jesus died on the cross and rose from the grave for each of us. Finally, we must invite Jesus to come into our heart and give Him control of our life.
Joining the Cypress Family
1. If you are not yet a Christian, we would welcome the opportunity to speak to you personally about how you can place your faith in Jesus Christ. This is the most important decision a person can ever make!
2. If you are already a Christian, but have not been baptized, you may join our church by believer’s baptism. Baptism is a beautiful experience of publicly professing your faith in Christ. We baptize regularly, and we will be glad to talk to you about scheduling your Christian baptism.
3. If you are already a Christian, and have participated in Believer’s Baptism, you may join our church by statement of your faith in Christ.
4. If you are a member of another church, you may join our church by requesting that we write a letter to your current church informing them that you have joined Cypress. If you have already been baptized by immersion, after you placed your faith in Jesus Christ, you will not need to be baptized again. However, if you are a member of a church that does not baptize converts by immersion, talk to us about scheduling your baptism at Cypress Baptist Church.
5. Our church also has a Watchcare program. You may participate in and be ministered to by our church while you consider becoming a member in one of the ways mentioned above. We will receive you under Watchcare. You will receive all of the ministry and support of the church but will not have a vote in the decisions of the church and cannot teach until becoming a full member.
When Do I Join?
At the conclusion of each of our worship services, our pastor will extend an invitation. You may walk to the front of the room and speak to him or one of our other staff members about joining our church or you may come directly to our church offices and request to join our church.
Why do I Need to Be a Member of a Local Church?
Acts 2:41 speaks of those who were added to their number. Definite affiliation gives a sense of belonging, loyalty and commitment. It helps the church to know who we can count on for service and leadership. It helps solidify your commitment and will help your family grow spiritually.